A Dry Goods assistant store manager takes responsibility for all store functions, operations, profitability and customer service. Primary job responsibilities of a Dry Goods assistant store manager include the following:
* Directly supervise selling and non-selling employees.
* Train sales associates in sales techniques, product knowledge and store policies and procedures.
* Assist in conducting employee performance appraisals and disciplinary procedures.
* Coordinate interview process, conduct interviews and make hiring recommendations.
* Monitor stores visual appearance.
* Perform everyday sales functions.